The ScaveNDGers Hunt Returns to NDG
Launch of ScaveNDGers, 2022…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Montreal, April 8, 2022 – The Business Association of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce (BizNDG) in collaboration with the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Community Council invites the public to participate in a treasure hunt across NDG businesses. The new edition of ScaveNDGers will take place from April 15 to 25, 2022.
ScaveNDGers 2022 highlights the promotion and discovery of the diversity of local businesses in the borough. A first edition was held in 2017 and it closed with great success. “Our neighbourhood has welcomed new businesses to discover and others that are treasures of NDG’s vibrant culture,” notes Francis Blouin, Project Manager for BizNDG, about the importance of this campaign.
For Sharon Sweeney, Arts and Culture Table Coordinator for the Community Council, ScaveNDGers is a fun platform meant to connect local businesses with consumers. The challenge is to discover the business, determine the clues and check the findings. “This year we are offering a recreational programme that combines physical activity with cultural and leisure activities,” Sweeney says.
More than 25 commercial establishments and the public libraries: Benny and Notre-Dame-de-Grâce are part of ScaveNDGers 2022. Participating businesses are located across NDG streets: Sherbrooke, Monkland, Somerled, Fielding, St. Jacques and Upper Lachine. ScaveNDGers 2022 is the perfect opportunity to visit all the shops in the area.
A fun and engaging ScaveNDGers hunt
The idea is simple:
- Participants will be asked to complete 12 ScaveNDGers passport puzzles. The passport will be distributed at designated businesses in NDG.
- Once the passport is completed, participants will send their passports with all the required information to email@example.com or in-person to NDG Community Council at 5964 Ave. Notre-Dame-de-Grâce.
- Through a draw, 200 winners will be announced at the official facebook.com/tresorsndg account.
- Winners will receive a $20 gift card redeemable at one of the participating businesses.
- To be eligible for the draw, participants must share their photos on social networks using #trésorsndg
– 30 –
BizNDG is a non-profit business association that promotes commercial activities in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. BizNDG’s mission is to mobilize merchants and implement various actions that contribute to the revitalization of the neighbourhood’s commercial arteries by improving the commercial offer and promoting economic development.
About the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Community Council
The NDG Community Council is a not-for-profit organization that acts to promote, improve and sustain the well-being of the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce community and its residents. The Council is one of 31 Tables de quartier on the Island of Montreal.
For interview requests:
Gestionnaire des projets BizNDG
For more information:
ScaveNDGers on social media:
Follow ScaveNDGers 2022 on Facebook.com/tresorsndgClick here for how to participate